Does cleaning your rental property take too much time?
Hiring a cleaning service for your rental unit(s) is a great idea. Opting for professional services comes with many benefits, says Uptown Dallas. You can enjoy increased tenant satisfaction and an improved occupancy rate.
In this article, we’ll go over the major benefits of hiring a cleaning service for your rental property. Also, you’ll learn about the key questions to ask when picking your service provider.
1. Your productivity gets a boost
Cleaning even a smaller rental unit takes some time. Taking care of the cleaning can clutter your daily to-do list as a landlord. When you don’t have to think about cleaning anymore, you can focus on more important tasks.
Fewer distractions allow you to focus on building your career as a property investor. Passing on monotonous daily tasks is the stepping stone for taking your business to the next level.
2. You can save money
Does saving money when hiring a cleaning service sound counter-intuitive? Actually, opting for professional cleaning services may easily help you save money. That’s because you don’t need to buy all the necessary tools and products for the cleaning.
Professional cleaners cover these expenses. They have all the machines and materials for getting the job done. You don’t have to buy products that expire before you get the chance to fully use them.
3. Lower vacancy rate
Vacancies are bad for your cash flow. One of the long-term strategies for reducing the vacancy rate is hiring professional cleaning services. The reasons are simple:
- Prospective tenants can clearly see when a property as undergone regular cleaning.
- You can ask more rent for a property that is in top shape.
- Cleaning doubles as maintenance. Ignoring small stains and smudges can create bigger aesthetic problems down the road.
4. Your property gets a more thorough cleaning
Out of sight, out of mind? This tends to be true when landlords clean their properties by themselves. There could be many dirty areas that you won’t clean because:
- You don’t even know these parts
of your property need cleaning
- These dirty areas are unreachable
Professional cleaners have all the necessary knowledge, equipment, and skills to clean even the hardest to reach areas.
5. Receive fewer complaints
Receiving complaints allows landlords to get better at managing the rental property. However, hearing constant complaints about cleanliness issues should be taken as a huge red flag. It might mean that hiring a professional cleaner is the only way for moving forward with your investment.
Dealing with fewer complaints isn’t only a matter of reduced time and stress. Happier tenants stay longer and have a higher potential of extending the lease agreement. Plus, your tenants will appreciate getting a professional cleaning done for their living space.
What to ask before hiring a professional cleaner?
Here are the main questions you should cover before hiring a cleaner. Getting the answers allows you to pick the best service provider.
- How long does an average cleaning session take?
- How much does it cost?
- What are the payment options?
- When are you able to provide the services?
- Do you have any references?
- Are there any cleaning services you don’t provide?
- Do you have all the equipment and cleaning products for this job?
- Is it possible to get extra services, such as laundry or ironing?
You should follow these tips after finding
a suitable cleaner:
- Discuss the details of getting in and out of the house.
- Tell your cleaner about specific details that they should know about. For example, you should tell them how you want your polished granite counter tops cleaned.
- Agree on the frequency of certain cleaning tasks. It’s very likely that you don’t want the windows cleaned every week. But it’s important to specify how often you want to have them cleaned.
- Provide constructive feedback. Be courteous while providing all the necessary information on how your cleaner can improve the work. It’s an essential part of an ongoing professional relationship.
The bottom line: benefits of hiring a cleaning service
Do you feel that cleaning your rental property is stressful and time-consuming? A lot of landlords felt the same. That’s why it’s becoming a standard to hire a professional cleaning service. There are numerous benefits for working with a professional, including:
- You will save money
- You’ll experience better personal productivity
- You rental unit receives better cleaning
- You are able to lower your vacancy rate
- You’ll receive fewer complaints related to the property’s cleanliness